Friday, July 23, 2010

Creemore Springs 'Kellerbier'



21/7/10

Creemore Springs 'Kellerbier'
5% alc
$2.95 tall can

Kellerbier is German for 'cellar beer'. According to the German Beer Institute, this means it is an "unfiltered lager, usually strongly flavored with aromatic hops."
Creemore Springs have launched their own 'Kellerbier', so I decided to check it out at the lcbo this week. The beer itself has a bright amber colour, and pours quite foggy. It has a very strong hoppy nose, along with a hint of citrus. It has a refreshing fruity taste, and a strong spicy aftertaste that pleasantly motivated me to take another sip.

Creemore Springs, which is now run by Molson has brewed a really nice beer in the 'Kellerbier'. I would definitely order it at a bar, or buy it at the lcbo again. I don't know how many I could drink in a session, as it goes down feeling stronger than 5%. However, I still rate it highly at 4/5.

Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment